In my last full length WordPress video, I showed you how to create a website with the Twenty Twelve WordPress theme. In this video, you’ll learn about creating a BLOG from start to finish using a free professional theme from Theme4Press.com called the “Humix” theme.
Some of the same things covered in this video are also in the last video. Things like installing a contact form plugin and using the photo editing application PIXLR are explained but I definitely think you’ll enjoy learning about the blogging functionality of WordPress and working with the Humix theme.
You’ll also learn how to create an image slide show on the blog page with the Humix theme!
Things covered in this tutorial include:
- Setting up a domain name and hosting account with hostgator.com
- Getting your first month of web hosting for just 1 cent
- Installing WordPress on your hosting account
- Downloading and installing a free professional WordPress theme
- Finding free, high quality, public domain icons and photos
- Using a free online application to create a logo and edit photos.
- Creating pages and blog posts
- Understanding blogging functionality including user comments and categories
- Using the visual editor to add images and customize text
- Creating a custom navigation menu with optional drop down menus
- Adding an optional slideshow to the blog page with your own pictures and captions
- Embedding youtube videos
- Installing a contact form plugin and more!
This is going to be the first video in a series “Blogging with WordPress” videos so stay tuned! I’m going to be covering things like basic search engine optimization, starting a mailing list, adding social media plugins, etc..
I hope you enjoy!