Welcome to my first video (see below)! Its not perfect but I really feel like it does what I wanted it to do.
I wanted my first video to take an absolute beginner all the way through the process of building a website from scratch so I didn’t want to skip any steps whatsoever. I tried to be very intentional about making sure everything was thoroughly explained so it ended up being a little longer than I anticipated – I would much rather it be thorough and lengthier than shorter but hard to follow.
Things Covered Include:
- Setting up website hosting and a domain name with HostGator
- Installing WordPress
- Switching to a different WordPress theme
- Creating pages and using the visual editor
- Finding free, high quality stock photos
- Using a free online photo editor called Pixlr to make custom header images and to re-size images
- Installing a photo gallery and contact form plugin
- Adding and taking away widgets to and from the sidebar
- Setting up a front page layout
- Finding and using free icons
- Basic WordPress settings and more!
You can see the final product here: http://quickwebsitecreation.com/
I encourage you to leave comments with any questions and or comments you have so I can constantly improve the quality of these videos! I really appreciate your feedback!